Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ugg... Not An Other Road Trip!



"We are going on a road trip! Pack your bag" 

Growing up my parents would throw my brothers and I in a car and take off somewhere across the United States. Being the wonderful children we were, we did nothing but complain the whole time.  We wanted nothing to do with breathtaking mountain views, historical monuments, and all the other adventures that come alone with family road trips. 

 By the time I was 15, I had been to almost all 50 states and more National Parks than I could count.  I wasn't until I was older that I began to realize and appreciated the gift my parents had given me. The gift of learning and being able to see the world first hand.

It wasn't until I discovered Paris that I went from appreciating travel to CRAVING it. I feel in love with.... the colorful people...the language difference....the depth of history....the Eiffel Tower....rainy walks down the cobble streets.... the adventure!  Put a camera in my hands and I was more than content.

One trip to this city changed my view on travel. The tables had turned. I was now begging my parents to plan our next trip.  I did not care where it was to. Take me to National Parks! Take me to random small towns! Just let me explore. 

I like to say that my love of travel started in Paris. But as I write this, I realize it was the long, boring road trips my parents unwilling dragged me on that  brought me my greatest pleasure as an adult - Travel.  Thank you Mom and Dad, more than you know....

Follow along as I share the adventures I have been on since that fateful trip to Paris almost ten years ago.  I will offer up tips, suggestions, and my tops sights to see in the places I have traveled.  I will also be throwing in a little bit of my own photography along the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment